Book Title: Building Better Behaviour in the Early Years
Author: Keda Cowling
Format: Paperback | 120 pages
Publication Date: 01 Jul 2009
Every Early Years setting strives to create a calm and positive atmosphere, where children can thrive and develop as successful and confident learners.
By asking you to reflect on how the ethos, practice and general approach in your setting impacts on the behaviour of both children and adults, the book suggests sensible ways to achieve an exciting and stimulating environment for all
From an award-winning author team, there is down-to-earth advice, a number of common-sense solutions and all the essential information you will need to develop the best sort of setting, where everyone supports one another.
Chapters offer guidance on:
- creating an enabling environment for all
- developing a team-based approach
- considering the whole child
- working with parents and other professionals
- observing and assessing behaviour
- sharing good practice.
There are also:
- case studies of children between 0 to 5 years
- sample policies
- lots of photocopiable material, on the accompanying CD-Rom.
Suitable for all Early Years students and practitioners, the book is an encouraging read that will inspire and help you to improve behaviour in your class or setting.