Book Title: DK Eyewitness Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean
Author: David Nikel
Format: Paperback | 376 pages
Publication Date: 06 May 2015
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Europe and the Mediterranean on a cruise.
Cruise Norway's awe-inspiring fjords, enjoy some sunshine along the beautiful Cote d'Azur, stop off in Morocco's colourful bazaars or explore Edinburgh's rich culture and history: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of cruising Europe and the Mediterranean with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean:
- Over 45 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Europe and the Mediterranean, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Westminster Abbey in London, the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the Palazzo Ducale in Venice, St Peter's Basilica in Rome, the ancient ruins of Ephesus in Turkey, the Acropolis in Athens, the Musee du Louvre in Paris, and much more
- Colour photographs of Europe and the Mediterranean's historic and vibrant cities, stunning landscapes - from Nice's beautiful beaches to Norway's dramatic fjords - plus ancient sights, architectural highlights and more
- Detailed chapters cover Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Great Britain, Ireland, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Malta, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus and Croatia
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about each country's history and culture, unique architecture, ancient sights, museums and galleries, as well as the history of cruise travel and more
- Experience the culture with features on the vikings in Norway; scotch whisky in Scotland; the wines of France; Mediterranean flora and fauna; and the Bosphorus
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information, and a detailed survival guide to help you plan and book a cruise
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your cruise around Europe and the Mediterranean.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to see more of Europe? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Europe.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.